TUSC Forms Joint Program with NUSA and Murfreesboro SC
A joint program between Nashville United Soccer Academy, Tennessee United Soccer Club and Murfreesboro Soccer Club.
Mission/Vision: Expand the opportunities for local players to train and play together in an affordable, competitive, positive environment conducive to player development with like-minded organizations.
Goals: To create additional competitive training opportunities locally for excelling players, form successful teams for high level showcase events, form teams for ‘trapped’ players at U15 and U19 and provide more exposure to potential college or professional career opportunities.
- This program will be led and overseen by the Director’s from each club involved in founding this program. These clubs are TN United, Murfreesboro SC and Nashville United (NUSA)
- All players involved in the program will be registered through TSSA with one of the three founding clubs.
- U13 and U14 players from the three founding entities will be identified to participate in training sessions once a month. There will be a team for U13 players and a team for U14 players. These training sessions will be two hours long, conducted by DOC’s, or High Level Coaches in each Club, involve a scrimmage game and training locations will rotate each month between the three organizations. In the Spring season a high level showcase tournament will be selected and teams will be formed with players from the program to play in this showcase. These teams will be rostered through one of the three founding entities using the TSSA guest playing policy.
- U15 trapped players from all three clubs will train together in the offseason (with an assigned coach) and based on player numbers form teams for games and tournaments. These teams will be rostered through one of the three entities using the TSSA guest playing policy. They will train at a central location, one time per week and at their home location one time per week.
- U19 trapped players from all three clubs will train together (with an assigned coach) and based on player numbers form teams for TSL games, friendlies and tournaments. These teams will be rostered through one of the three entities through TSSA. Selected players will have the opportunity to tryout and play on the reserves teams for Inter Nashville FC in the NPSL or Nashville Rhythm in the WPSL. They will train at a central location, one time per week and at their home location one time per week.
Player Selection and Player Movement
- The players for U13/14’s will be selected by the coaches at each individual club.
- Throughout the year and based on training assessment players may move in and out of the program at U13/14.
- From the pool of 24 players, 18 will be selected for the Showcase Tournament at U13/14.
- U15 and U19 ‘trapped’ players will all get an opportunity to train and play games based on the number of players between all three clubs.
- Uniforms will be purchased by the program, used for games and kept with the program, not given to individual players to keep.
- Player registration costs with TSSA are already covered through each individual club.
- There will be a $15 cost per player per session at U13/14 (This covers tournament fees, uniforms etc)
- U15 players will pay monthly dues to the club whose coach trains the players.
- U19 players will pay monthly dues to the club whose coach trains the players. At U19 they will also pay registration costs for that same club.
We are excited about this joint program and the relationship formed between like-minded organizations in Middle TN. More detailed information will be updated soon.